Code Of Practice
PVET Institute will:
- Adopt policies and management practices that maintain high professional standards in the delivery of education and training services.
- Maintain a learning environment that is conducive to the success of all students. The learning environment will provide adequate facilities.
- Provide adequate facilities and use methods and materials appropriate to the learning needs of the student.
- Monitor and assess the performance, attendance and progress of all trainees and students.
- Ensure responsibility for the issuance of AQF certification documentation.
- Be responsible for compliance of training and/or assessment.
- Provide all students with fair treatment and processes, for dealing with appeals and complaints.
- Ensure that all employees, contractors and sub-contractors abide by all policies of PVET Institute, are suitably qualified, and sensitive to the need of the students and trainees.
- Provide training for employees, contractors and sub-contractors as appropriate.
- Advertise and market training and education services ethically, clearly and accurately, without ambiguity or misinformation, and in accordance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015.
- Refund all trainees and students in accordance with relevant legislation when unable to provide agreed services.
- Supply accurate, up to date information to all potential and actual trainees and students. All information given to trainees and students will be regularly reviewed to ensure accuracy.
- Ensure that all recruitment of and dealings with trainees and students is in accordance with equal opportunities legislation and equity principles.
- Carry out all assessment fairly, and in accordance with the principles of Assessment and the Rules of Evidence (including RPL) and the assessment guidelines set out by the relevant industry/ Training Packages developer.
- Provide all trainees and students with a copy of its Code of Practice.